General Grant and aide 1st. Lt. Clint Reynolds stand on the porch of the Dover Inn, in Dover, TN, and survey the crowd of civilians and surrendered Confederate soldiers after the surrender of the garrison of Ft. Donelson.General Grant and a soldier of the 49th Iowa (Des Moines) kneel beside the headstone of his ancestor in the National Military Cemetery at Fort Donelson. This soldier was killed at the Battle of Fort Donelson. This was an extremely moving moment for all who witnessed this scene.
Upcoming EventsJan20Sun14:00 General Grant Will Return to Sco... @ Old Depot MuseumGeneral Grant Will Return to Sco... @ Old Depot MuseumJan 20 @ 14:00 – 16:00General Grant is honored to announce that he will return to Scottsboro, Alabama, on Sunday afternoon, January 20th, instant. The General will speak about his life and the influences that formed the man behind the uniform. The general hopes that … Continue reading →Jan27Sun17:00 General Grant Joins General Lee ...General Grant Joins General Lee ...Jan 27 @ 17:00 – 21:00General Grant (Curt Fields) will join General Lee (Thomas Jessee) in Jacksonville, Florida, on January 27th, instant, for the Kirby Smith Camp #1209, Sons of Confederate Veterans, annual Lee-Jackson banquet. They will present “Appomattox: The Last 48 Hours” about the … Continue reading →
- General Grant discusses the importance of Fort Pemberton and Greenwood, MS in the exhibit “War Comes to the Mississippi Delta”
- Dover Hotel Film shown in the Dover Hotel in Fort Donelson National Battlefield
- WAR COMES TO THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA exhibit opening at The Museum of the Mississippi Delta in Greenwood, MS.
- Surrender recreation set for today | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com
- General and Mrs. Grant Visit Clarksville after 150 years | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com