Please come to Vicksburg, Mississippi, and join General Grant for an event-packed weekend of Historic preservation and celebration of a significant building rescued and restored. Catherine’s Palace was on the Old Jackson road and, therefore, the first building in Vicksburg seen by General Grant as he rode into the city on July 4th, 1863, to take the surrender of General Pemberton. It was built in 1839 and is one of the oldest structures in Vicksburg, pre-dating the famous Old Warren County Court House by 20 years.
Nine events are planned throughout the weekend and range from rock music to a symphony written for Vicksburg and now embellished and enlarged for this new performance.
Ticket information may be had by contacting the Vicksburg Foundation for Historic Preservation at: Signal Corps ID # 601-636-5010 or E-telegraph at: email@example.com
Please come and join General Grant as he leads the celebration of a building rescued and restored!