General Grant and aide 1st. Lt. Clint Reynolds stand on the porch of the Dover Inn, in Dover, TN, and survey the crowd of civilians and surrendered Confederate soldiers after the surrender of the garrison of Ft. Donelson.General Grant and a soldier of the 49th Iowa (Des Moines) kneel beside the headstone of his ancestor in the National Military Cemetery at Fort Donelson. This soldier was killed at the Battle of Fort Donelson. This was an extremely moving moment for all who witnessed this scene.
- General Grant discusses the importance of Fort Pemberton and Greenwood, MS in the exhibit “War Comes to the Mississippi Delta”
- Dover Hotel Film shown in the Dover Hotel in Fort Donelson National Battlefield
- WAR COMES TO THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA exhibit opening at The Museum of the Mississippi Delta in Greenwood, MS.
- Surrender recreation set for today | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com
- General and Mrs. Grant Visit Clarksville after 150 years | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com